For students entering the Team-TERRA program either fall 2022, (existing UConn students) or fall 2023 cohort (students applying for admission to UConn), applications will be reviewed starting on February 1st, 2022, with priority given to those applications that are received prior to February 1st, 2022. Rolling admission will continue until May 1st, 2022.
The training program provides successful applicants with:
- ONE full year of support ($34,000 stipend).
- ONE academic year of WAIVED tuition and fees.
- ONE full year of subsidized health benefits.
- Access to travel funds for the duration of the program provided equitable distribution and availability of funds.
The program entails:
- 2-year sequence of coursework.
- team, service, and hands-on training.
- a real-world internship.
- associated workshops.
Successful students will learn highly sought-after skills in:
- Risk analysis, management, and communication
- Landscape analysis and decision support tools embedded in geographic information systems (GIS)
- How to lead and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
The trainees will independently complete and work toward departmental and university dissertation requirements. For more information about the UConn Team-TERRA graduate fellowship program, see Applications: Trainee Information.
Besides collecting basic information about you and your preferences for the program, we ask that you answer the following questions.
- What are your research and career goals, and how will participation in Team-TERRA advance them? (400-word maximum)
- What skills, qualities, experiences, disciplinary expertise, or interdisciplinary experiences would you bring to help understand risks to food, water, energy, and ecosystems? (400-word maximum)
- What do you foresee as the opportunities for and the challenges to collaborating on interdisciplinary research? (400-word maximum)
- In what way(s) do you see yourself contributing to Team-TERRA’s efforts to enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion in the program and more generally in the science and application of risk management? (400-word maximum)