Travel Award Guidelines for Booking Travel & Receiving Reimbursement
REQUIRED READING PRIOR TO BOOKING TRAVEL:
- Travel Reopening for detailed information on travel FAQs
- Federal Sponsored Travel FAQ
- UConn Travel Policy
- Open Skies Agreement
- Travel Ban to North Carolina and Mississippi
- Click here to complete a travel award application form.
- Once it has been approved, and you are a current fellow (in your paid year of fellowship) then the Program Coordinator will be booking your travel. To this end, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your travel arrangements including:
- your full name as it appears on your id/passport
- your date of birth
- phone number
- preferred travel days/times
- preferred departure cities if flying
- preferred airline and frequent flier # (if any)
- For conference registration, the log in credentials so that the registration can be purchased with a Pro Card
- If you are a GA, and not a funded fellow this year, then you will book your own travel
- You will need to apply for your own travel card and book your own travel with Anthony Travel and then reconcile it in Concur.
- I will give you the KFS account number to use for reconciling.
- If you have any questions about the process, please contact email@example.com and they can assist you.
- Below is some helpful information to get you started:
GA to do:
- The GA must submit their own travel request in concur for the total of their estimated expenses including the airfare.
- The Request must be fully approved prior to the start date of the trip.
- GA can request a Travel card to cover their hotel and other allowable incidental expenses, or they can choose to use a personal card.
- Verify with the hotel upon check-in that they have the correct card on file to be charged (GA’s travel card or personal card).
- GA will need to submit an expense report for the UConn Business expenses charged to their Travel card/personal card and any out-of-pocket expenses they are being reimbursed for.
- Here are some useful links to help along the way:
Single Sign-On (SSO) Login | Concur is setup with SSO login access, allowing you to use your NETID and respective password to access the online tool. Access Concur by clicking this link, or directly from the Travel Services page. Concur Training Material | UConn specific Concur training material, such as: process/instructional documentation, FAQ’s (compiled from our various training sessions), Recorded Training Sessions, and e-learning modules – all can be found in the Training and Resources section of Travel Services page, or by clicking this link directly. Travel Card Training & Request Form | To obtain a University Travel Card, a traveler must complete online Travel Card Training, achieving a score of 85% (or greater), print your certificate of completion, and then complete the Travel Card Request Form (attaching the Travel Card certificate) which will automatically route for approval. More information relating to the UConn Travel Card can be found at https://travel.uconn.edu, from the Travel Card section.
The following training documents contains detailed instructions on Requests, Booking and Expensing travel in Concur. https://travel.uconn.edu/training-and-resources/
EXPENSE AND REIMBURSEMENT
Reconciling and reimbursement of expenses:
Any expense incurred out of pocket by the student such as Uber, taxi, foods etc. will need to be reimbursed through a Concur expense report where they will list their out-of-pocket expenses such as meals or ground transportation. Make sure that you have receipts and justification for each expense.
BDL Parking: BDL has suspended the parking pass service, so you can claim parking from any of the regular long-term lots when you return