SPECIAL EVENT: JULIE SEDIVY ON WRITING FOR GENERAL AUDIENCES
SICSFLAGS (the professional development seminar for the SLAC, NBL, and CNC-CT training programs) will have a special session on Nov. 5 from 10-11:30 in The Humanities Institute Conference Room, 4th Floor Babbidge Library. Julie Sedivy (see details below) will be here as part of the Science and Imagination workshop happening 3-6 pm on November 5th.
- 10-11:30am, UConn Humanities Institute Conference Room, 4th Floor, Babbidge Library
- Light breakfast from 9:30
- Led by Julie Sedivy (U. Calgary)
- This is an interactive session for scientists who are interested in writing for general audiences, whether in the form of blogs, articles, books, or other media. We will discuss some of the practical aspects of learning to write for a nonacademic audience and of accessing channels for disseminating your writing more broadly. We will also address some of the obstacles experienced by scientists who would like to invest time and energy into science communication. We’ll explore the supports that scientists need from inside and outside their institutions and the potential payoffs of such investments for individual scientists and their institutions.
- Please register for this writing workshop here